Saturday, July 17, 2010

The South Wing Has Been Renovated !

Yes, I finally decided that I no longer want to bang my head against a wall trying to change opinions of others; or enlighten them with actual facts.  It's depressing to me and making me sad.  I can only hope that those who try to gather and assimilate information outnumber those who try to find information that suits their beliefs regardless of the validity of the information.  Our government is broken and I'm afraid it cannot be fixed. There seems to be no such thing as discussion and compromise any longer -- everyone wants it their way.  We are destroying our country and this planet and rather than looking for ways to steer a better course, people are worried about who marries whom and what it says on our money.  People are confusing God with country; and morals with religion.   People don't want truth, they want their beliefs justified.  I'm tired and sad and wasting my time.  So, I'm going to concentrate on thinking happy thoughts and finding ways to be creative and productive.  Glenn Beck is going to the archives, which is probably where he belongs anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment